So I hit up Pitchfork Music Festival last Sunday, and it was a solid experience. In terms of performances, I did these things in the following order:
- Listened to the chill, jammy-band stylings of DIIV
- Overheard Deafheaven killing it while waiting for Earl Sweatshirt
- Moshed with the Wolf Gang
- Rocked to some of ScHoolboy Q’s best cuts
- Nearly fell asleep listening to residual Real Estate and Slowdive
- Wished I was watching Grimes for a few minutes
- Experienced an interesting set by Kendrick Lamar that featured a full band and was frontloaded with turn up
While I’m sure many have crazier stories from the entire weekend than I do from one day, the following video may be the best story from any artist that performed. Check the video below, laugh your ass off, and reaffirm for yourself that groupie culture is dead.
Credit to XXL for the video. Part 2 to the Pitchfork recap may or may not come depending on if Pitchfork releases any videos of the event. If you don’t know ScHoolboy Q, check “Man of the Year” below. Until next time.